Friday, July 26, 2013

Design By Season

It's been determined by psychologists that color has an immediate and lasting effect. Colors influence mood, shapes, perspective and the overall impression you make on a person. Knowing the right color palette for yourself can only help you look younger, healthier, more energetic and vibrant. Discovering your colors is a crucial part of feeling empowered and confident. I'm not a color palette expert so I can't really help you in that area but don't stop reading, I do have what to offer. I'm going to help those who already know their palettes, or have an inkling where they might fall, translate that into an interior space. I had high demand for this subject matter and I like to please my followers. (My cousin asked me so I responded.)

Winter Palette; Dramatic, high contrast and deep colors. Think of black, pure white, charcoal, burgundy, icy pink and brown black. When looking to translate this palette into an interior, there's two ways you can go about it. You can take it literally:




You can have a space like this. A lot of chrome, high contrast with patterns to create the palette. If you want to take a less literal approach, you can create a space like this:


This space has the winter color palette but not as harsh. The mirror is sculptural and so are the chairs and light fixture but the colors stay simple and understated.



Spring Palette; Bright, colorful, happy and clear colors. The spring palette has saturated colors with high contrast warm colors, like burnt orange and hot pink.



This entry way is a good example of a spring palette because it's bright and clear. The side table with the curved legs and rococo mirror on top are really intricate and feminine. I love that light sky blue front door it's so refreshing, happy and welcoming; those are the same adjectives used to describe me.


Hello gorgeous. This beautiful, brightly colored space was done by Emily Henderson, I love her and hate her at the same time. She makes it hard for someone like me who has three freelance jobs a year to believe in myself. This is a beautiful spring palette inspired space. The pale turquoise with plum flowers and pops of gold make me very happy.




Summer Palette; Pastel and medium colors with medium intensity. The summer palette is very soft and delicate and easy going.




I love this dining area because it's so bold, David Bromstad would really appreciate this space. This is a cooler more edgy summer inspired space.



This is a kitchen nook done by Angie Hranowsky, it's soft with light colors that soothe and relax you. It has a little bit of that boho vibe which is perfect for the summer. I'm wondering if this soothing color palette would help a person (who's an emotional eater) eat less or have less emotion.




Fall Palette; Warm deep colors with gold and jewel undertones. Think of olive greens, camels and browns with deep reds and blues.




This is a nice vignette with warm tones. The colors aren't so deep but they're warm and the shapes are very organic.



This fireplace is gorgeous, I love the shape and texture of it........ all that gold is overwhelming in a good way. The round red sofa with the white shag rug is perfect for the fall palette and a trip to the 70s. I love this so much.

This post should show you that I take requests really really well. You should start putting in your requests now because one day I'll be world famous and I wont be as accommodating.


5 comments:

Huge Fan said...

Love it. Very informative. You are sooooo talented!!

Chanalesings said...

If my dinette was that gorgeous, emotional eating would be a thing of the past. In a city where rent in 3100 $ a month on average I wonder if one can incorporate all the seasons into one 600 square foot apartment lol!

Chanalesings said...

If my dinette was that gorgeous, emotional eating would be a thing of the past. In a city where rent in 3100 $ a month on average I wonder if one can incorporate all the seasons into one 600 square foot apartment lol!

Unknown said...

One would want to incorporate all four seasons in their space? That seems excessive

Chana said...

Really enjoyed the post!