Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Interpret Style

For those of you worried that I stopped blogging, you can stop because I am still here. I figured since I officially have two followers the lack of posts wouldn't cause too much distress. Before I post about my recent projects, yes that's projects with an 's'- there has been more than one, I wanted to go back to a classic- which is interpreting the style of awesome ladies into interior spaces.




I don't want to focus on her bony chest but I definitely want to point it out........................... I love the soft pink cashmere sweater paired with the loose, white skirt- that also has pom poms. This is an easy outfit that's free and organic. The gold bracelet is the only thing that has form and sharp edges so I think it's a perfect accessory for this outfit. And those sunglasses are very cool, they tell us she's the type who can go to an Ultra concert but knows the difference between a human and a tree.


This would be where she finds solitude and gets some work done. The form of the fiddle leaf tree in the background is so beautiful and I love how the lamp mimics that shape. The black and brass chair grounds the corner with the Lucite chairs and white cowhides. Then there's the wallpaper and light fixture. The wallpaper is awesome and I'm still not sure how I feel about that caged light bulb. A part of me thinks it's beautiful and the other part tells me I should try and help.




I love those overalls with the leather jacket wrapped around her hips; She has a very down-to-earth tomboy vibe. The vintage camera she's sporting tells us she likes a good mix of old and new. And anyone who likes a good mix knows good design.


This vignette would definitely be part of her home. Its collected, a little messy and beautifully eclectic. Anyone who has a naked sculpture of a woman in blue is either crazy or has an eye for art. I'm going with 'an eye for art' because that sculpture is pretty amazing. I love how this little area breaks all the 'rules' so perfectly.




What's worse than one awesomely dressed woman?Yes, two of them. Although I have to admit I like the woman on the left with the sweatshirt and blue and white pants. She looks more effortless and comfortable. Her friend looks cool, a little house on the prairie for me but I still like it. These two women combine classic, traditional with modern ease.



This is what their shared space would look like. This room is very traditional for the most part but feels current because of the color choices. The neoclassic chair, the skirted ottoman and plush chairs would usually feel dated in other surroundings but with the chandelier and the dark painted side room this space feels modern.


This woman is bohemian, grungy, minimal, chic and all of the above. I love the way she looks. I even like how easy going she is about hailing a cab. Is it just me or does the woman behind her on the left look really annoyed? Nobody asked her to put on a Parker puff jacket.....

This would be her space because it's all of the above. It's sophisticated, laid back, modern and has a little boho spirit. All the color is coming from flowers, art or lemons. The foundation of the room is minimal and timeless- just the way I like it. The light fixture is also just the way I like it, grouped together in different sizes and at different lengths. #failproof.

Stay tuned for upcoming posts on beautiful transformations. I'm excited. Even when I'm excited I don't use exclamation marks, it's too much of a commitment. 




No comments: