Monday, July 23, 2012

Put your back up on it

The walls.... everyone has them and everyone wants to find the perfect something for them. I've experimented a lot with the walls in my apartment and I definitely have the holes to prove it. There's so much "wall" in any apartment or home, it can be so overwhelming to find the perfect balance between dressing them up or drowning them. There's also a ton of options, you can do the salon style gallery wall- bunch of frames spontaneously places (even though they need to be strategically placed or they wont look spontaneous). You can place floating shelves on the wall and style the shelves with books, flowers and anything that makes you smile. If you're looking for a low cost option you can get a bunch of cork boards and pin up all your favorite memories, I actually just finished doing that in my kitchen. If you do plan on going the cork-route I suggest you do it in a place like a kitchen, office space or playroom. It has a fun slightly chaotic feel (in a good way) and reads the best in a space that has a care-free vibe.
Of course, having said all that, there's nothing like art; art is so inspiring, emotional and completely uplifting. When I say art I'm including paintings, photographs, sculptures...all of the above.
I want to share with you some of my favorite artists (a part of me wants them all to myself but I'm fighting that part) and some of my favorite spaces thanks to AMUUHZING artworks. (For those of you who watch the abc show 'Happy Endings', yes I did just quote Penny.)



These are prints from Nancy Ramirez. I found her on Cozamia.com. and absolutely fell in love with her work. They're so striking and I love her use of mixed media.


 Here's a print from Nancy Ramirez used in this beautiful vignette. I heart it.


Clinton Friedman, a south african photographer. I absolutely adore his photographs of botanicals.




I know Mark Rothko and his work is no news to anyone, but his work cant go unsaid. He is by far one of my favorite artists. This last painting I'm crazy about, I literally want to step into it. It's dark and moody and sexy; everything I love in art and design. His work is so large and really commands emotion when looking at it. 


The work below is from an artist Ann Tarantino who I just recently stumbled upon. Her work is so  beautiful; its spontaneous, fluid, delicate, really feminine in an unexpected and unique way.











1 comment:

Big Fan said...

Love your writing and style. Please keep the posts coming.