Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Revive and Recharge

When a bedroom is done right it's perfection. It's a place to sleep, its a place to connect, it's a place to quiet your mind with a book, it's a place to glam yourself up for a big night. A bedroom symbolizes what relaxes you and what comforts you. It acts as a support to you after any long day. The bedroom should give you confidence, comfort and if you're lucky good company :)



This bedroom makes me feel like I can conquer the world while wearing a beautiful fur coat. This room is very glamorous, some people might not be able to handle the amount of glamor this room is offering. The console at the end of the bed is beautiful. The mirrored finishes on the console and bedside tables add a lot of light to the room. The bedding is this exotic fur that balances out all the shiny surfaces, great balance. As glamorous as this room is it still feels effortless, which is why this room feels so cool.


 
I don't know who this woman is, but I think I should be sitting on that bed instead of her. I am crazy about this space. This room also uses the soft fur which is cozy and comfortable. The wall sconces and white peacock add some art deco to the room which is always a plus. And don't even get me started on that painting- AMUUHZING (Penny quote again).


 This is the master bedroom of the talented designers Robert and Courtney Novagratz (if you haven't read their book 'Downtown Chic' you need to). The thing I love about this bedroom is the layering of patterns. It's not easy to this and they've done it well. The rug, draperies, throw pillows and painting work well together without over shadowing one another. This room feels bright and fresh. The reason this room still feels calm with all that pattern is because of the color palette; purple, white, grey, gold are a little muted while the painting shines. I love this bedroom.

 This bedroom is from 'Domino' magazine. I absolutely love  the canopy bed. I think everyone should have a canopy bed they're so dreamy. This bed has great draperies that you can close when you want to shut off from the world. If this were my bed, the drapes would barely be open.


Now this bed says 'come cuddle' all over it. I would love to fall into this bed every night. The bedding looks like perfectly rouched clouds.



What I like about these two bedrooms are the big florals. I generally lean towards moodier and more masculine interiors but I do love me some bold graphics.




No comments: